How I Email: Brendan Hufford, Creator, SEO for the Rest of Us
Highlights from this interview with Brendan, the SEO director at Clique Chicago:
– Brendan uses the Eisenhower box ( à la the 34th U.S. President) for figuring out whether to reply immediately or defer his emails
– He once sent a cold email to Pat Flynn, which turned out to be the start of a beautiful friendship
– Tips for link building outreach (hint: don’t ask for the link)
How I Email: Phil Gerbyshak, Sales Trainer
Here’s some of what you’ll learn from Phil’s colorful interview:
– You might be trying to do too much with email. Phil has thoughts on what to write in that first message
– The big mistake people make when writing subject lines
– Why your email signature should include a phone number
Gmail can now tell your co-workers you’re on vacation before they email you
Google is rolling out an update to alert you before you email to a colleague who has an active out-of-office message. The update hits G Suite on September 16.
This is the system that helps me achieve Inbox Zero every day
A PR professional documents how she processes 400 to 600 emails daily.
18 tips for writing an excellent subject line so your email gets read
You need to get right to-the-point: mobile phones only show 25 to 30 characters in a subject line.