If you suddenly find that the GMass button has disappeared from your Gmail interface, here are a few steps to take to resolve the issue:
- Make sure the GMass extension is enabled in Chrome. Go to chrome://extensions (copy/paste that into your address bar) and look for GMass in the list of extensions and make sure there’s a checkmark next to it, indicating that it’s enabled.
- Try reloading Gmail again. Every time you reload Gmail, your browser will attempt to fetch the GMass buttons from our server. If there was a connection issue the last time you loaded Gmail, the buttons may not have loaded.
- Check for conflicting extensions. If the red GMass buttons appear to the right of the Gmail Search field, but the GMass button doesn’t appear when you Compose a new email, that’s a sign of a conflicting browser extension. Go to chrome://extensions and see what might be conflicting with GMass. You may have to conduct some trial and error by disabling one extension at a time, reloading Gmail, seeing if that fixes it, and if not, re-enable that one, and disable a different one, and repeat.
- If you use multiple Chrome identities, make sure the GMass extension is enabled for the particular Chrome identity you’re currently signed onto. In certain cases, we’ve seen that browsers that have “Extension sync” turned on have trouble, so try turning off “Extension sync”.
- If you’re located outside of the United States, ensure you are able to access these websites: www.gmass.co and www.inboxsdk.com. These are the two sites that Gmail accesses behind the scenes in order to display the GMass buttons.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, please contact us at email@example.com and include:
- A screenshot of your Gmail interface, showing the search bar and a blank Compose window
- A screenshot of what’s listed under chrome://extensions