Looking for a Lemlist alternative?
While Lemlist is a popular cold email outreach tool, it has several drawbacks. It’s expensive, works as a separate interface from Gmail, and it doesn’t support email attachments.
In this article, I’ll highlight three amazing cold email outreach tools you can use instead of Lemlist.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
(Click on the links below to jump to a section of your choice)
- What is Lemlist?
- The Three Key Drawbacks of Lemlist
- The Top Three Lemlist Alternatives
(including their key features, pros, cons, software pricing, and customer ratings)
Let’s get started.
What is Lemlist?
Source: Lemlist Website
Lemlist is email automation and outreach software that lets you send cold email campaigns to a target audience. Lemlist is typically used by small businesses and SaaS companies to increase their outreach and streamline their lead generation process.
- Helps you create customized emails with powerful personalization features.
- Supports marketing automation with auto email follow-ups.
- Supports custom tracking domains for maximum email deliverability.
- Contains a WYSIWYG (visual drag-and-drop) email editor, several image templates, and premade templates for easy template management.
- Integrates with most CRMs, growth hacking software like Phantombuster, and other marketing and personalization tools.
The Three Key Drawbacks of Lemlist
While you can use Lemlist for your email marketing activities, it isn’t perfect.
Here are Lemlist’s three main drawbacks.
1. Lemlist is Expensive
There was a time when you could get Lemlist with AppSumo on a lifetime deal, but things have changed, and Lemlist is now as pricey as tools like Mailshake.
Lemlist has three pricing plans.
- Silver: $29/month (individual plan) — 100 emails/day + unlimited campaigns.
- Gold: $49/month per user— all “Silver” features + 500 emails/day + personalized images + basic integrations.
- Platinum: $99/month per user— all “Gold” features + dynamic landing pages + personalized videos + chat and Calendly integration.
Paying $29 per month per user can be expensive for a small business with multiple email marketers.
Additionally, they even have limits on how many emails you can send per day on the lower tiers. So if you have a large sales team and want to use Lemlist’s automation features to reach tons of customer inboxes every day, it can easily cost you over $500 per month!
2. Works as a Separate Interface to Gmail
What’s the point of using an email productivity tool when you have to spend additional time learning how to use it?
Like most other email marketing software (such as MailChimp and Mailshake), the Lemlist user interface works outside Gmail. This separate interface can make using it time consuming and tedious.
Since it works outside of Gmail, new users have to spend a considerable amount of time learning the user interface before they start work on their marketing campaigns.
Additionally, you have to switch between multiple tabs to manage your marketing campaigns, which can be incredibly frustrating.
3. Doesn’t Support Email Attachments
Email attachments are one of the easiest ways to engage your recipients.
Instead of sending long emails, attach a file with all the information your recipients need!
Unfortunately, unlike most cold email tools, you can’t do this with Lemlist.
They don’t let you attach anything to your emails, so you won’t know:
- How much time prospects spend on your attachments.
- What document sections they find interesting.
- What they do with the attachment, like forwarding or downloading it.
This can significantly reduce the impact of your emails and limit the insights you can get from your email campaigns. That will make it harder for you to analyze your engagements and make the necessary changes to your campaigns.
The Top 3 Lemlist Alternatives
Here are the best cold email outreach software tools that you can use as Lemlist alternatives.
GMass is a powerful email marketing software tool that runs straight out of your Gmail inbox.
Tech giants like Google and Uber, and social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter, use GMass because of its outreach feature. With all of its features, GMass can increase your marketing team’s productivity in no time!
But GMass isn’t only for your content marketing and sales team.
Businesses and individuals can use it to send emails to a target audience.
With GMass, you can:
- Quickly send sales or marketing emails to tons of prospects from your Google inbox.
- Personalize email campaigns on a recipient-by-recipient basis.
- Auto-track your campaign and sales engagements accurately.
- Simplify scheduling campaigns and follow-up emails.
- Easily set up custom tracking domains.
Anyone can quickly get started with GMass — just download its Chrome extension, sign up with your Gmail address, and you’re ready to get things done!
Here’s why GMass is a great Lemlist alternative:
A. Advanced Email Personalization
If you want to boost engagement, you have to personalize your emails, right?
Think about it.
Would you rather engage with a generic outreach email or customized emails that are tailor-made for you?
But if you have a large list of recipients, manually customizing emails can take a ton of time.
GMass can help you automatically personalize email campaigns with premade templates and advanced automation features.
You can quickly personalize mass emails in GMass with features like:
- Auto First-Name Detection and Entry – GMass auto-detects a recipient’s first name from their email address and lets you add it to an email addressed to them.
- Add Customized Paragraphs – Personalize large blocks of text in your email on a recipient-by-recipient basis.
- Add Personalized Images and Links – Add personalized images and links for each person in your email list.
Click here to learn more about sending personalized emails to each recipient.
B. Powerful Email Analytics and Comprehensive Campaign Reports
Every time you send an email campaign using GMass, it automatically generates a campaign report. This report details the core email metrics needed to analyze email engagements.
With these campaign reports, you can quickly analyze email deliverability rates and assess the performance of your drip campaigns.
Here’s an overview of some of the metrics present in a campaign report:
- Total Recipients:
The total number of email IDs to which an email campaign was sent.
- Unique Opens:
The total number of unique email IDs that opened your email.
Note: GMass gives you accurate email stats by tracking only unique opens. If a recipient opens an email more than once, the report won’t show these new opens and inflate the result.
- Unique Clicks:
The total number of unique IDs that clicked at least one link in your email.
The total number of recipients that replied to your email.
The total number of recipients that unsubscribed from your emails.
But that’s not all!
Most email tracking and cold email tools (like Lemlist and Mailshake) require you to open a separate tab to manage emails.
However, GMass puts your campaign reports right inside your Gmail inbox. You can access them from the [CAMPAIGNS] label in your sidebar.
This makes the GMass platform much easier to use than any other email outreach tool!
C. Create Large Email Lists Easily
Can you imagine putting together thousands of emails manually?
It would take you forever!
Fortunately, GMass automates all of that for you.
You can easily use a CSV or an Excel file to create a mail merge, but that’s not the best part!
GMass works with Google Sheets, too.
So, if your contact data is saved on Google Sheets, you can directly connect it to GMass.
That’s not all.
GMass also has a Build Email List feature that makes email list building effortless.
Perform a Gmail search using a keyword, and the tool will build an email list with the resulting email IDs:
D. Automate Follow-Up Emails
Not everyone responds to emails instantly, right?
Some of them forget to respond, and some never even open them.
So what do you do?
You send a followup email.
But you can’t send thousands of follow up emails manually, right?
Instead, use GMass.
Unlike most cold email tools, GMass helps you boost response rates and increase conversions by automating the follow-up email process.
You can even customize these follow-up emails, such as:
- Setting the trigger for sending the follow-up email.
For example, GMass can send a follow-up when a recipient clicks on a link in your email.
- Determining the number of follow-ups to be sent.
- Scheduling time gaps between each follow-up email.
- Personalizing the follow-up messages or email templates.
Tip: To make this email automation platform even more powerful, connect it with our Zapier integration.
E. Simplify Email Scheduling
The timing of your email marketing campaigns is essential.
Emails need to be sent when people are most likely to check their inbox.
But your team can’t stay online all the time just to send email campaigns, right?
GMass lets you schedule email campaigns in advance to maximize engagement.
Just compose your email, then schedule a time for it to be sent.
GMass will take care of the rest.
How does this feature help you?
- You don’t have to be online to send your email campaigns and reminders to prospects.
- You can plan email outreach campaigns.
- You can set your email marketing campaigns to reach recipients when they are most likely to check their inbox.
But what if you decide to change the timing of your email campaign?
You can quickly reschedule your emails from the Drafts folder.
- Simple user interface for maximum ease of use.
- Works inside Gmail.
- Quickly builds email lists using any search criteria in your Gmail account.
- Can easily import contact data from a Google Sheets file.
- Emails are auto-saved to be reused as templates for future campaigns.
- Can send emails with attachments in mass emails.
- The platform has a Zapier integration to create automated email sequences.
- Has a powerful Gmail add-on for Android devices.
- Can optimize email deliverability for emails.
- Works with Salesforce CRM.
- Attentive customer support team.
- GMass can only be used with Gmail and G Suite accounts.
- The desktop version works only with Google Chrome.
GMass comes with three pricing plans:
- Free plan: all features + supports email tracking for 50 emails per day.
- Minimal: $8.95 per month – all features except auto follow-ups + unlimited email tracking.
- Standard: $12.95 per month – offers “Minimal” features + removes GMass footer from emails.
- Premium: $19.95 per month – offers “Standard” features + auto follow-ups.
- Premium: starts at $89 per month for a team of five – supports all features.
- Capterra – 4.9/5 (300+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.8/5 (300+ reviews)
Woodpecker is an email marketing software tool mainly used by Gmail and Outlook users. It’s a great marketing tool for your marketing campaigns, like drip campaigns.
- Can send automated follow-up email reminders.
- Helps personalize bulk email campaigns with custom fields.
- Can access detailed reports that highlight open rate, bounce rate, etc.
- Supports automation of campaign reply detection.
- Works with any email platform like Outlook and Gmail.
- Offers easy email outreach analysis through subject line A/B testing.
- Offers custom lead generation features for businesses.
- Helps identify duplicate IDs in campaign emails.
- Has a Google Chrome extension.
- Doesn’t support email attachments.
- Doesn’t work inside the Gmail inbox.
- The base plan is relatively expensive.
- No native software for iPhone and iPad.
Woodpecker email automation software is available in three pricing plans:
- Start-up: $40 per user per month – email automation + email scheduling + image personalization + real-time reporting features.
- Team Pro: $50 per user per month – includes “Start-up” features + Zapier integration.
- Enterprise: custom software pricing – includes “Team Pro” features + custom solutions.
- Capterra – 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.5/5 (20+ reviews)
Click here to read my detailed review of Woodpecker Email.
3. HubSpot Sales
Hubspot Sales is another marketing automation tool that can help you streamline your marketing activities. While it’s not ideal as a cold email tool, you can still use it as a powerful addition to your marketing tool suite for drip campaigns.
- Can send reminders through automated follow-up emails.
- Has a built-in activity stream that auto-logs each lead’s activity history.
- Helps you streamline prospecting through lead-scoring.
- Can access customizable reports that track campaign engagement.
- Can link to Hubspot knowledge base software to help you address customer queries better.
- Has a friendly customer support team.
- Use built-in or customized email templates and share them with your sales team in one click.
- Offers a drag-and-drop sales pipeline editor.
- Integrates with Salesforce, HubSpot CRM, and other personalization tools.
- Has an iOS app so that you can use it on your iPhone and iPad.
- Can be time-consuming to configure sales workflows.
- Not ideal for cold email purposes, as it goes against their user policies.
- The basic starter plan lacks several features.
Hubspot Sales offers four pricing plans:
- Free plan: offers HubSpot CRM + five templates + 200 email notifications + image templates +live chat and real-time reporting features.
- Starter: $35 per month – includes ” Free” features + 1,000 templates + email sequence features.
- Professional: $350 per month – includes ” Starter” features + sales emailing features + Salesforce plugins.
- Enterprise: $840 per month – includes “Professional” features + team management and lead scoring features.
- Capterra – 4.5/5 (2000+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.3 /5 (600+ reviews)
While Lemlist is a useful tool, it has a lot of drawbacks.
Why choose Lemlist when you can choose from so many alternative software tools?
While all of the email personalization tools I’ve covered here are great, none of them comes close to GMass.
With powerful email tracking features, attractive pricing plans, and attentive customer support, GMass is the email marketing automation platform you need!
Why not download the Chrome extension and give it a try today?