2016 has been an incredible year for GMass. The ultimate mail merge tool for Gmail has grown in spades, with new features like automatic follow-up emails and suppression lists and fully automated recurring campaigns with Google Sheets and even the magical automatic first-name detection capability.
The year is winding down, and while I’ll be celebrating with my family in Ohio, I will also be aggressively writing code to improve GMass. Help me decide what mail merge feature to add to GMass next. Use the Comments to tell me what you like and don’t like.
Here are some ideas, gleaned from user feedback and my own brain:
- More email sending power: Gmail and G Suite accounts restrict your sending ability to 500 and 2,000 emails per day, respectively. We could potentially let you configure GMass to send through your own SMTP server, or set up a shared external SMTP server that our trusted users could use. You would still use Gmail and GMass as your interface, but the actual emails would go through an external SMTP server, not Google’s mail servers, and you could send far beyond Gmail’s limits.
- More auto follow-up stages: Right now, GMass lets you set 3 auto follow-ups with a campaign. Some users have asked for the option to set more.
- Skip weekends with auto follow-ups: Right now, when you set auto follow-ups to go out 3 days, 5 days, and 8 days, after the original campaign for example, if one of those days falls on a weekend, the follow-up email is still sent.
- CRM integration with Salesforce: The ability to have email sends and replies, opens, and clicks, sync back with the Contact or Lead in Salesforce.
- Ability to add a random number of seconds in between each email send: Some users have asked for each individual email to be sent a few seconds after the previous email, because of the belief that doing so will make a campaign seem less spammy.
- Ability to use GMass from Inbox instead of Gmail: Right now GMass only works with classic Gmail and not Google’s new Inbox. Are you an Inbox user? Do you want to use GMass with Inbox?
- Better analytics: We already give you stats like your open rate, click rate, and let you download all of your reports. How about seeing an open or click report by domain, or over time? Do you want bar graphs and pie charts to help visualize data?
- Easier way to customize the From Name / Reply-To: Right now, it’s laborious to change the From Name associated with your GMass campaigns, and some users have reported that setting the Reply-To in Gmail doesn’t stick with GMass. Should I make this easier to control?
- Real-time human editing of your campaign before sending: Through my other product, Wordzen, you can have your emails proofread by a human before you send them. Do you want a tighter integration with GMass?
- Dashboard: A dashboard where you can see everything happening with your account, from campaigns in progress to future scheduled campaigns to recent delivery statistics.
- Personalized attachments: The ability to upload a bunch of files to Google Drive, and then set a column in your Google Sheets spreadsheet for each recipient, specifying what attachment should be sent with the email.
Please respond in the comments below to indicate your enthusiasm for any of the above-mentioned mail merge features, or if you have a feature request that isn’t mentioned, please let us know!
I will go be actively reading and responding to the comments and then ultimately determining which feature to build next.