Are you looking for an alternative to Yet Another Mail Merge?
While many businesses use Yet Another Mail Merge for mail merge purposes, it has its drawbacks. It has complicated email tracking, doesn’t support mobile devices, and can’t bypass email sending limits.
In this article, I’ll highlight three Yet Another Mail Merge alternatives that you can try instead.
Here’s what this article will cover:
- What is Yet Another Mail Merge?
- The three main drawbacks of Yet Another Mail Merge
- The top five Yet Another Mail Merge alternatives
(includes key features, pros, cons, software pricing, and user reviews)
Let’s get started.
What is Yet Another Mail Merge?
Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) is a mail merge tool that’s available as a Chrome web extension and a Google Sheets add-on. You can use YAMM to automate your email outreach processes and send messages to multiple recipients.
YAMM allows Gmail users to send mail campaigns from their Google account in three simple steps:
- Install YAMM.
- Create an email list.
- Send automated personalized email campaigns to that list.
Key YAMM Features
- Provides seamless email personalization.
- Has a massive library of email template choices.
- Can easily import your Google contacts to your mailing lists.
The three main drawbacks of Yet Another Mail Merge
While YAMM is a useful email marketing tool for sending mass email campaigns, it’s not perfect. Here are its biggest drawbacks:
1. It has complicated email tracking
YAMM can be used to track several cold email analytics that will help you improve your campaign performance.
But most users find it challenging to use these analytics.
YAMM has complex mail tracking that many users find confusing.
A. Manual tracking
YAMM doesn’t automatically track mail campaigns. You have to enable it manually at the start of your mail merge. If you forget to do this, your campaign won’t be tracked.
B. You only get ten days to access tracking records
Another disadvantage is that YAMM only stores its tracking data for ten days. If you don’t open the tracking file within ten days, you’ll lose access to the records.
C. Campaign analytics aren’t available in your inbox.
YAMM uses a Google Sheet to store your analytics during the mail merge. As these stats aren’t available in your inbox, you’ll have to keep track of a different spreadsheet for each campaign. Naturally, this can get very confusing when you’re dealing with multiple campaigns.
2. It doesn’t support mobile devices
Every marketing automation tool has a mobile app now, right?
You would think so, because they help you stay in touch with your campaigns and get work done on the go.
Unfortunately, YAMM doesn’t offer support for your Android or iOS phone or tablet. This can be inconvenient, as you won’t be able to manage email marketing campaigns when you’re away from your computer.
3. It can’t bypass Gmail sending limits
One of the key reasons you’ll get an email marketing tool is because you have to send out hundreds or thousands of emails every day, right?
And to do that, your outreach tool needs to bypass Gmail or G Suite account sending limits.
However, that’s not possible with YAMM.
YAMM doesn’t integrate with third-party tools like SendGrid to bypass Gmail sending limits. That means you’re limited to sending 500 emails a day from a Gmail account, or 2,000 emails per day if you have a G Suite account.
The top five Yet Another Mail Merge alternatives
You know the flaws that you’ll face if you use YAMM.
Here are the best alternatives:
GMass is an outreach tool you can use to send out mass email campaigns to a target audience right from your Gmail inbox.
But GMass isn’t just another mail merge tool.
It’s an all-in-one email power tool used by employees of giant tech companies and social media platforms like Google, Uber, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
But GMass isn’t only for employees of social media giants like Twitter.
Individuals, solopreneurs, and institutions like churches can use GMass to send out email marketing campaigns to a target audience quickly!
GMass is a powerful tool that helps you:
- Automatically track outbound email campaigns.
- Send marketing emails to multiple recipients.
- Customize and personalize emails for your entire contact list.
- Plan email campaigns and schedule them in advance.
What’s more …
Anyone can get started with GMass — just download the Chrome extension and sign up with your Google account. Then, you can start to send mail campaigns from your Gmail inbox!
Here are the reasons GMass is the perfect Yet Another Mail Merge alternative:
1. Automated email analytics
Every time you send an email campaign via GMass, it automatically generates a Campaign Report for you. These reports highlight mail analytics in real-time so you can analyze campaign performance quickly.
This can help you automatically get your mail stats without having to set them up manually before each mail merge.
Plus, these reports will be stored inside your Gmail inbox – you can access them from the [CAMPAIGNS] folder.
As these reports are stored inside your inbox, you won’t have to worry about managing a separate Google doc or spreadsheet data for every email campaign.
Here are a few mail analytics available through a Campaign Report:
- Number of Total Recipients: The number of unique email addresses to which your email campaign was sent.
- Unique Email Opens: Number of unique email addresses that opened your email (AKA “open rate”).
Note: GMass only shows you unique opens. If an email recipient opens an email more than once, GMass won’t count those additional email opens.
- No. of Unopened Mail: Total No. of recipients who haven’t opened your email.
- No. of Replies: The number of mail recipients who replied to your email campaign.
- No. of Emails Rejected due to Google Account Limits: The number of emails that were rejected because you reached Gmail or G Suite account sending limits. (Don’t worry — GMass has a solution to make sure this never happens.)
2. Mobile add-on so you can use GMass anytime
GMass offers a mobile add-on feature for Gmail to help you access GMass anytime from your Android phone or tablet.
This way, you don’t need a computer to manage all of your email marketing campaigns anymore — just get things done quickly on your mobile device!
3. Send email campaigns without restrictions
You wouldn’t want to invest in a tool that limits the number of emails you send out, right?
Unlike YAMM, GMass doesn’t restrict you to Gmail sending limits. GMass integrates with a third-party app called SendGrid to bypass Gmail account limits.
Even our GMass team uses GMass to send out over 400,000 emails at a time!
4. Automated email follow-ups
Most of the time, recipients won’t respond to or even open your first email campaign.
So what do you do?
You send a follow-up email.
But what if you need to send hundreds of follow-up emails every day?
GMass can help you automate your follow-up emails to engage customers and prospects.
GMass can help you send personalized email follow-ups with the option to customize things like:
- The trigger for sending a follow-up email.
You can set the follow-up mail to be sent when the recipient clicks on a link in your email.
- The total number of follow-up emails sent to each recipient.
- The time gap between follow-up emails.
- The content to be included in the follow-up email.
5. Advanced email personalization
If you want your recipients to engage with your campaigns, you have to personalize your messages.
Would you rather reply to a boring email template or a personalized email made just for you?
But you can’t personalize thousands of emails manually, right?
GMass helps you automatically personalize your emails with powerful features like these:
- Automatic First-Name Detection – GMass can automatically detect a mail recipient’s first name from their email address and add it to an email.
- Customize Paragraphs – You can personalize large blocks of text in an email on an individual basis.
- Add Personalized Pictures and Links – You can add custom images and links for every person in your contact list.
Click on this link to learn more about sending a personalized email.
6. Create email lists easily
One of the key parts of email marketing is creating email lists.
While you can always use a CSV file or an Excel spreadsheet to upload your contacts to GMass, that’s not the only option you have.
GMass integrates with Google Sheets too!
Why is this great?
The CSV file format offers limited functionality compared to other modern file formats. It’s one of the reasons most people have ditched the CSV file format in favor of platforms like Google Sheets.
And since GMass integrates with Google Sheets, you can save your contact data to a Google Sheet and connect it directly to GMass.
GMass can also help you create lists easily with its Build Email List feature.
Just perform a search in your Gmail inbox with the keyword, and GMass will build a list with the resulting email addresses.
- Simple interface for increased ease of use.
- Works inside your Gmail account.
- Quickly builds email lists in Gmail using any search criteria for added functionality.
- GMass offers a Zapier integration for email automation.
- Works with Salesforce CRM.
- Can easily import contact data from a Google Sheet.
- Emails can be reused as a template for another mail campaign.
- Sends emails with attachments in mass email projects.
- Offers a powerful Gmail add-on app for Android.
- The desktop version of GMass only works with Google Chrome.
- You can only use GMass with a Gmail or G Suite email account.
GMass comes in three pricing plans:
- Free plan: every option + supports 50 emails per day on free email tracking.
- Minimal paid plan: $8.95/month – every option excluding auto follow-ups + unlimited email tracking.
- Standard paid plan: $12.95/month – offers “Minimal” perks + removes the GMass footer from emails.
- Premium plan: $19.95/month – offers “Standard” perks + auto follow-ups.
- Premium plan: starts at $89/month for a five-member team – supports all features.
Woodpecker is another mail merge tool designed for added functionality in Gmail and Microsoft Outlook. It’s used by its growing client base to send out bulk email campaigns.
- Supports automated follow-ups.
- Can personalize bulk emails with custom fields.
- Provides access to detailed reports that track click-through rate, email opens, etc.
- Allows campaign reply automation.
- Supports email clients like Microsoft Outlook and Gmail.
- Provides custom lead generation features for businesses.
- Helps identify duplicate addresses in email campaigns for added functionality.
- Offers a Google Chrome extension.
- No support for email attachments.
- Doesn’t work inside Gmail.
- Relatively expensive base plan.
- No free version available.
Woodpecker email marketing software is available with three paid plan options:
- Start-up: $40/month per user – email automation + email scheduling + document tracking + attachment tracking + real-time reporting.
- Team Pro: $50/month per user – includes “Start-up” perks + Zapier CRM integration.
- Enterprise (Premium plan): custom software pricing – includes “Team Pro” perks + custom solutions.
Click here for our detailed review of Woodpecker Email.
3. HubSpot Sales
HubSpot Sales is another mail merge tool that helps streamline your email outreach process. Even though HubSpot Sales isn’t ideal for cold email marketing, it still offers some powerful features to reach your audience easily.
- Supports automated follow-up emails.
- Provides a built-in activity stream that auto-logs lead activity history.
- Helps to streamline prospecting through lead-scoring.
- Supports easy contact management through HubSpot CRM.
- Customize any email template and share it with the sales teams in one click.
- Provides a drag-and-drop sales pipeline editor.
- Integrates with Salesforce, HubSpot CRM, and other tools.
- Offers an Android app and iOS app.
- Configuring sales workflows is time-consuming.
- Not suitable for cold email — it goes against HubSpot user policies.
- The starter plan lacks several features.
HubSpot Sales email marketing software offers four pricing plans:
- Free plan: offers HubSpot CRM + five template choices + 200 email notifications + document tracking + live chat and real-time reporting.
- Starter: $35/month – includes ” Free” perks + 1,000 template choices + email sequence.
- Professional: $350/month – includes ” Starter” perks + sales automation + Salesforce plugins.
- Enterprise: $840/month – includes “Professional” features + team management and lead scoring.
Mailshake is a sales engagement platform that helps you send emails to recipients through Gmail and G Suite. Mailshake is used mainly by email marketers, SaaS companies, and sales teams to schedule, customize, and track email campaigns.
- Helps you personalize emails easily .
- Supports powerful email follow-up automation.
- You can access an extensive library of cold email templates.
- Supports importing data from platforms like LinkedIn and Pipedrive.
- Powerful live campaign management.
- Can send follow-ups in the same thread for more context.
- You’ll need to adapt to a separate interface outside Gmail.
- It’s difficult to set up custom tracking domains in Mailshake.
- Expensive pricing plans.
Mailshake offers two pricing plans:
- Email outreach – $59/month/user — includes SMTP accounts + email personalization + automated email sequences.
- Sales engagement – $99/month/user — includes “email outreach” features + phone dialer + higher recipient limits + onboarding phone calls.
Yesware is an email outreach platform for email clients like Gmail and Outlook. It’s primarily used by sales teams to streamline their email outreach activities.
- Powerful email campaign management.
- Supports email and client meeting scheduling.
- Provides detailed email metrics over your campaigns.
- Has an extensive built-in email template library.
- Can integrate with Salesforce and tons of other CRMs.
- Supports attachment tracking to analyze engagement.
- May not auto-save your email campaign data.
- Campaign data might get cluttered as the app alerts you when you open your own emails.
- If your email has multiple recipients, it may not clearly show who opened it.
Yesware comes in three pricing plans:
- Pro – $12/user/month — includes Real-time email tracking + Presentation tracking & analytics + Personal templates & reports + Send Later & Reminders
- Premium – $25/month/user — includes “Pro” features + Campaigns + Team template sharing & reporting + Role-based permissions
- Enterprise – $55/month/user — includes “Premium” features + Salesforce inbox sidebar + Bidirectional Salesforce sync + Email CRM sync
- Capterra – 4.2/5 (100+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
While Yet Another Mail Merge is still a decent email tool, it has many flaws.
It has complicated email tracking, lacks mobile device support, and can’t even bypass Google account sending limits.
Why stick with email outreach tools like YAMM when you have tons of other Yet Another Mail Merge alternatives?
Although all of the alternatives we’ve covered in this article are great, GMass is the best Yet Another Mail Merge alternative.
It features powerful email tracking capabilities, powerful personalization, and even mobile add-ons for additional support.
Why not download the GMass Chrome extension today and give it a try?
Ajay is the founder of GMass and has been developing email sending software for 20 years.