Looking for the best SalesHandy alternatives?
While many businesses use SalesHandy as their go-to email tracking software, it has several drawbacks. It offers limited features in the base plans, has minimal campaign functionality, and offers limited mail merge capabilities.
In this article, I’ll highlight three great email tracking tools you can use instead of SalesHandy.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is SalesHandy?
- The Three Main Drawbacks of SalesHandy
- The Top Three SalesHandy Alternatives
(includes their key features, pros, cons, software pricing, and user reviews)
Let’s get started.
What is SalesHandy?
Source: SalesHandy Website
SalesHandy is email automation and tracking software that helps you send cold email campaigns to a target audience. SalesHandy is mostly used by sales reps and SaaS email marketers to streamline their sales processes and lead generation activities.
- It helps you analyze email engagement with detailed email tracking.
- Supports campaign personalization with mail merge to boost your engagement and click-through rate.
- Help you easily create automated email follow up sequences.
- Supports HTML templates in Gmail and Outlook email.
The Three Key Drawbacks of SalesHandy
While you can use SalesHandy for your e-mail marketing activities, it isn’t the perfect email tracking tool.
Here are SalesHandy’s three most prominent drawbacks:
1. The Base Plans Offer Limited Features
SalesHandy has four different pricing plans:
- Free plan: free email tracking + email scheduling features.
- Regular: $9/month per user – all “Free version” features + single-stage mail merge + document tracking and email management + send 200 emails/day.
- Plus: $20/month per user – all “Regular” features + multi-stage mail merge + auto follow-ups + Outlook email integration + send 1600 emails per day.
- Enterprise: $50/month per user – all “Plus” features + dedicated account manager + send 5,000 emails/day.
The base plans lack essential features like advanced mail merge and automated email follow-ups. They also have very low email message sending limits.
If you’re planning on sending high volume email campaigns and require mass email tracking, you’ll have to go for the expensive Enterprise plan.
Priced at $50 per user, this plan can be too much for most small businesses to handle. And if your marketing and sales teams have several members, you can quickly rack up a monthly bill of more than $500 — just for an email tool!
2. It Has Limited Campaign Functionality
Even the expensive Enterprise plan only lets you send 5,000 emails per day! This can limit your marketing campaigns as you won’t get to email your whole mailing list at once.
But that’s not the worst part.
SalesHandy doesn’t even integrate with bulk email services like SendGrid to bypass Gmail or Outlook email message sending limits.
How does this affect you?
A Gmail account has a sending limit of 500 emails/day while a G Suite email account user can send up to 2,000 emails/day. Even if you opt for SalesHandy’s Enterprise plan, you won’t be able to send more than 2,000 emails a day!
Tip: If you use Microsoft Outlook or another email client, make sure to check the sending limits of your email provider. Whatever the boundaries of the email client, that’s also the limit for this sales engagement platform.
3. Limited Mail Merge Capability
Why spend so much on a sales engagement platform if it makes things inconvenient for you, right?
Here’s an example of this:
SalesHandy doesn’t provide native support for Google Sheets.
So if your contacts are saved in Google Sheets, you’ll have to:
- Convert each list into a CSV file before you upload it to SalesHandy.
- Use a third-party app like Zapier CRM to integrate with Google Sheets.
Sounds tedious, right?
But that isn’t the only issue.
The Top Three SalesHandy Alternatives
Here are the three best email automation software programs you can use instead of SalesHandy.
GMass is great email marketing software that runs right from your Gmail inbox.
GMass is used by startups as well as tech giants like Google, Uber, and social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter for their email tracking needs. With GMass’ powerful outreach features, it can increase your team’s productivity in no time!
But GMass isn’t only for sales reps or marketing teams working from huge businesses.
Small businesses and individuals can use GMass to send emails to target audiences, too.
With GMass, you can:
- Quickly send marketing or sales emails to tons of prospects from your Google inbox.
- Personalize email marketing campaigns on a recipient-by-recipient basis.
- Track emails and sales engagement accurately.
- Simplify scheduling email campaigns and follow-up emails.
- Easily set up custom tracking domains.
What’s more …
Anyone can instantly get started with GMass — just download the Chrome extension and enter your email address to sign up!
Here’s why the GMass tracking app is one of the best SalesHandy alternatives out there.
A. Advanced Email Personalization
If you’re looking to boost sales engagement, you have to personalize your emails.
Think about it.
Would you rather engage with generic email campaigns or emails that are tailor-made just for you?
But what if you have thousands of contacts in your recipient list?
Manually creating personalized emails can take forever!
Thankfully, GMass can help personalize your email marketing campaigns with advanced email automation.
You can quickly create personalized emails in GMass with these features:
- Automatic First-Name Detection and Entry – GMass automatically finds your recipient’s name from their email address and allows you to add it to an email message addressed to them.
- Add Customized Paragraphs – Personalize big blocks of text in your email message based on your recipient.
- Personalize Images and Links – Add custom images and links for each contact in your email list.
Click here to learn more about personalized emails.
B. Powerful Email Analytics and Campaign Reports
When you send an email campaign through GMass, it generates a Campaign Report. This report highlights several email tracking metrics that your sales reps can use to track emails and measure campaign performance.
Here’s an overview of some of the tracking metrics in a Campaign Report:
- Total Recipients:
Highlights the number of email IDs to which a campaign was sent.
- Unique Opens:
Shows the number of unique email IDs that opened your email message.
Note: GMass gives you accurate email statistics by tracking only unique opens. If a receiver opens an email more than once, the report won’t show these additional opens because that would inflate the result.
- Number of Unique Clicks:
The total number of unique IDs that clicked on at least one URL in your email.
- Total Replies:
The number of recipients that replied to your email message.
- Number of Unsubscribers:
The number of email recipients that unsubscribed from your emails.
That’s not all!
Most cold email tracking software (like MailChimp and Bananatag) require you to open a separate tab to manage email campaigns.
However, GMass puts all of your Campaign Reports inside the Gmail inbox. You can access all of them from the [CAMPAIGNS] label in your sidebar.
And with the Gmail mobile add-on, you can even manage and track emails on your Android device!
C. Create Large Email Lists Easily
There’s no way you can manually send out thousands of emails every day, right?
Fortunately, GMass can automate all of that for you!
Sure, you can use a CSV or Excel file to create a mail merge in GMass, but that’s not all.
GMass works with Google Sheets too.
So, if your contact data is saved in Google Sheets (like most people), you can directly connect it to GMass in seconds!
GMass also offers a Build Email List feature that makes your list building experience easy.
Just perform a Gmail search with the keyword, and the app will build a list with the resulting email IDs.
D. Automated Email Follow-Ups
Every email marketer needs to send follow-up emails at some point, right?
But sending thousands of follow-up emails manually is practically impossible.
Don’t worry, though.
Just use GMass instead!
Unlike some other cold email apps, the GMass email tracking tool automates your follow-up email process.
You can even customize these follow-up emails; here’s how:
- The trigger to send the follow-up email.
For example, you can choose to let GMass send a follow-up when a recipient clicks on a URL embedded in your email.
- The number of follow-ups to be sent.
- Scheduling time gaps between each follow-up email.
- The follow-up messages or email templates.
E. Simplify Email Scheduling
Timing your email campaigns is essential to increase sales engagement.
Your emails should reach people when they’re most likely to check their inbox.
But your employees can’t stay online 24/7 to send e-mail marketing campaigns, right?
Thankfully, GMass allows you to schedule email campaigns in advance to maximize your click-through rate and conversions.
Just compose your email and schedule a time to send it.
GMass will handle the rest.
How can this help you?
- You don’t have to worry about staying up to send your email campaigns and follow-up emails to prospects.
- You can plan email outreach campaigns.
- You can choose to set your e-mail marketing campaigns to reach prospects when they are most likely to check their inbox.
But what if you need to edit the send time of your email?
Simple! Just head to the Drafts folder and reschedule your email.
- Simple interface for increased ease of use.
- Works inside the Gmail platform.
- Quickly builds email lists using any search criteria in your Google email account.
- Can easily import contact data from a Google Sheets file.
- Emails are auto-saved to be reused as templates for future campaigns.
- Can send an email with attachments in mass emails.
- The platform has a Zapier integration for email automation.
- Offers a powerful Gmail add-on app for Android devices.
- Can optimize email deliverability for emails.
- Works with Salesforce CRM.
- Attentive customer support team.
- GMass can only be used with a Gmail or G Suite email account.
- The desktop version only works with Google Chrome.
GMass comes in three pricing plans:
- Free plan: all features + supports 50 emails per day on free email tracking.
- Minimal: $8.95/month – all features excluding auto follow-ups + unlimited email tracking.
- Standard: $12.95/month – offers “Minimal” perks + removes the GMass footer from emails.
- Premium: $19.95/month – offers “Standard” perks + auto follow-ups.
- Premium: starts at $89/month for a five-member team – supports all features.
- Capterra – 4.9/5 (300+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.8/5 (300+ reviews)
Woodpecker is an email tracking app used mainly by Gmail and Microsoft Outlook users. It’s a useful tool to send email campaigns and manage lead generation activities.
The Woodpecker tracking tool can also be connected to an SMTP server like the Microsoft Exchange server for added flexibility.
- Can send automated follow-up emails.
- Helps to personalize your bulk email campaigns with custom fields.
- Can access detailed reports that track email opens, click-through rate, etc.
- Supports automated campaign replies.
- Works with an email client like Microsoft Outlook and Gmail.
- Offers custom lead generation features for businesses.
- Helps identify duplicate IDs in campaign emails.
- Has a Google Chrome extension.
- Doesn’t support email attachments.
- Doesn’t work inside the Gmail inbox.
- The base plan is relatively expensive.
- No native software for iPhone and iPad.
- No free email tracking plan available.
Woodpecker email automation software is available in three pricing plans:
- Start-up: $40/month per user – email automation + email scheduling + document tracking + attachment tracking + real-time reporting.
- Team Pro: $50/month per user – includes “Start-up” perks + Zapier CRM integration.
- Enterprise: custom software pricing – includes “Team Pro” perks + custom solutions.
- Capterra – 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.5/5 (20+ reviews)
Click here for a detailed review of Woodpecker Email.
3. Hubspot Sales
HubSpot Sales is email tracking software that can help streamline your email marketing campaigns. It’s not the best email tracking app for cold email purposes, but it’s still a very powerful sales enablement platform.
- Can send automated follow-up emails.
- Offers you a built-in activity stream that auto-logs each lead’s activity history.
- Helps you streamline prospecting through lead-scoring for added email productivity.
- Can access customizable reports for tracking campaign engagement.
- Can link to HubSpot CRM to manage contacts easily.
- Has an attentive customer support team.
- Use customized email templates and share them with sales teams in one click.
- Offers a drag-and-drop sales pipeline editor for added sales productivity.
- Integrates with HubSpot CRM, Salesforce, and other personalization tools.
- Offers an Android app and an iOS app.
- Time-consuming to configure workflows of sales.
- Not ideal for cold email purposes because it goes against HubSpot user policies.
- The basic starter plan lacks several features.
HubSpot Sales tracking software offers four pricing plans:
- Free plan: offers HubSpot CRM + five email templates + 200 email notifications + document tracking + live chat and real-time reporting.
- Starter: $35/month – includes ” Free” perks + 1,000 templates + email sequence.
- Professional: $350/month – includes ” Starter” perks + sales automation + Salesforce plugins.
- Enterprise: $840/month – includes “Professional” features + team management and lead scoring.
- Capterra – 4.5/5 (2000+ reviews)
- G2 Crowd – 4.3 /5 (600+ reviews)
While SalesHandy is a useful tracking app, it’s not perfect.
Why choose SalesHandy when you have so many alternative software programs from which to choose?
While all of the email tracking software tools I’ve covered here are great, GMass is the best.
With powerful email tracking, attractive pricing, and attentive customer support, GMass is the perfect sales engagement platform for you!
Why not download the Chrome extension today and give it a try?