You can transfer your paid GMass subscription from one account to another, even if one account is a Gmail account and the other is a G Suite account..
Why would you want to transfer your subscription?
- Perhaps you accidentally subscribed the wrong account. Instead of canceling and re-subscribing, you can just transfer the subscription over.
- Maybe you misspelled your email address when you subscribed.
- Maybe Google has deactivated the gmail.com account that you subscribed and so you no longer have access to it.
- Perhaps you changed your mind after subscribing, because you realized that a different Gmail account has a better reputation and more sending ability than the account you originally subscribed.
- Perhaps you are the leader of a Team Plan for your organization, and you want to transfer the ownership of the Team Plan to someone else, because you are leaving the organization.
How to transfer your GMass subscription
- Log into the account that currently has the subscription. If you don’t have access to that Gmail account anymore, then log into the account that you would like to transfer the subscription to.
- Launch a new Compose window in Gmail.
- Set the To field to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hit the Send button.
- If you are currently logged into the account that has the subscription, then set the Subject to the Gmail account that you wish to transfer the GMass subscription to.If you don’t have access to the account that has the subscription and are instead logged into the account that you wish to transfer the subscription to, then you need to specify the account that already has the subscription. Set the Subject to “from:email@example.com” (without the quotes). Do not hit the Send button.
- Hit the main GMass button. Do not hit the Send button. Your subscription will be immediately transferred.
Important notes about transferring a subscription
- You can only transfer a subscription from an account with an active subscription to an account that is currently free. So if the account you’re trying to transfer the subscription to is already subscribed on its own or is part of a Team Plan, then the transfer will fail.
- A GMass account must exist for the account you wish to transfer the subscription TO. That means the Gmail account must exist, and it must already be connected to GMass for the GMass account to exist. If a GMass account doesn’t exist, create it first.
- Subscription transfers work for Stripe and PayPal-based subscriptions.
- There are limits to how many times a subscription can be transferred.
- We used to prevent subscription transfers between Gmail and G Suite accounts, but this restriction is no longer in place as of March 2019.