You can transfer your paid GMass subscription from one account to another, as long as the transfer-from and transfer-to accounts are both of the same type (both Gmail or both G Suite).
Why would you want to transfer your subscription?
- Perhaps you accidentally subscribed the wrong account. Instead of canceling and re-subscribing, you can just transfer the subscription over.
- Maybe you misspelled your email address when you subscribed.
- Maybe Google has deactivated the gmail.com account that you subscribed and so you no longer have access to it.
- Perhaps you changed your mind after subscribing, because you realized that a different Gmail account has a better reputation and more sending ability than the account you originally subscribed.
- Perhaps you are the leader of a Team Plan for your organization, and you want to transfer the ownership of the Team Plan to someone else, because you are leaving the organization.
How to transfer your GMass subscription
- Log into the account that currently has the subscription. If you don’t have access to that Gmail account anymore, then log into the account that you would like to transfer the subscription to.
- Launch a new Compose window in Gmail.
- Set the To field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are currently logged into the account that has the subscription, then set the Subject to the Gmail account that you wish to transfer the GMass subscription to.If you don’t have access to the account that has the subscription and are instead logged into the account that you wish to transfer the subscription to, then you need to specify the account that already has the subscription. Set the Subject to “from:email@example.com” (without the quotes).
- Hit the main GMass button. Do not hit the Send button. Your subscription will be immediately transferred.
Important notes about transferring a subscription
- You can only transfer a subscription from an account with an active subscription to an account that is currently free. So if the account you’re trying to transfer the subscription to is already subscribed on its own or is part of a Team Plan, then the transfer will fail.
- Both accounts must be of the same type, meaning both must be regular Gmail accounts or both must be G Suite accounts. If they are not, you will get an error when you attempt the transfer. If you want to switch your subscription from a Gmail account to a G Suite account, or vice-versa, you will need to cancel the subscription for the one account and then subscribe the correct account.
- A GMass account must exist for the account you wish to transfer the subscription TO. That means the Gmail account must exist, and it must already be connected to GMass for the GMass account to exist. If a GMass account doesn’t exist, create it first.
- Subscription transfers work for Stripe, Bitcoin, and PayPal-based subscriptions.
- There are limits to how many times a subscription can be transferred.