Email marketing is an inexpensive and easy-to-use approach to increasing public awareness about your dental practice, attracting new patients, and engaging existing ones. However, it requires the right tools and techniques to be successful.
More than 86% of patients choose a dentist based on online ratings and testimonies. To rank in Google and establish yourself as an expert, you’ll need a lot of favorable citations and patient reviews. Email marketing can help you make connections with your patients quickly and acquire more positive online reviews.
Many dental practitioners believe email marketing is difficult to comprehend and handle. However, GMass’ ability to send email campaigns straight from Gmail makes dental email marketing a lot easier than many people think.
In this post, we’ll show you how to use email marketing to promote your dental practice and why GMass’ key features can help you manage it better. We’ll also go through the most effective dental email marketing strategies and common mistakes to avoid.
This Article Contains:
(Click on links to jump to specific sections.)
- How email marketing can help your dental practice
- The GMass solution to common dental email marketing issues
- Dental email marketing strategies and best practices
- How easy is it to use GMass for dental email marketing?
How Email Marketing Can Help Your Dental Practice
1. Connecting with new patients: You can create an email outreach campaign for people who don’t currently know about your dental practice.
2. Retaining current patients: You can use email marketing to contact and keep existing patients. For example, patients who have recently visited your clinic, scheduled an appointment, or completed a survey could receive retention emails.
- You could send dental newsletters with educational content to your current patient base or schedule dental appointment reminders for them if they’re due for their next dental check-up.
- Sending appointment reminders to patients may help you avoid patient cancellations and no-shows.
- You may utilize dental email marketing to promote other dental services or products that you offer. For example, if you work in orthodontics, Invisalign braces might be a useful dental product for your patients.
- You can keep your patients updated about new services and offers with email newsletters.
3. Building online reputation:
- The backbone of any local SEO strategy is online reviews. When seeking a new doctor, 86% of patients will first look at reviews and testimonials. You can use dental email marketing to establish trust with your patients and obtain online testimonials and reviews.
The GMass Solution to Common Dental Email Marketing Issues
When it comes to email marketing, there are two types of tools: traditional newsletter-style software, and sales engagement and cold emailing. GMass is the only product that neatly bridges both categories. Because of this, many dental practitioners use GMass to create patient lists and send automated personalized patient follow-ups, feedback emails, appointment reminders, and newsletters from Gmail.
Many renowned dental practitioners use GMass for email marketing automation within Gmail. Before switching to GMass, most of them were getting poor ROI due to poorly planned campaigns and outdated email marketing tools. Many of them used conventional newsletter-style email marketing solutions that didn’t offer email personalization choices and had a dismal deliverability rate. Instead of going to the recipients’ inboxes, a significant number of their emails were delivered to spam or promotional folders. Dental practitioners using these methods had trouble getting patients to respond to their emails since the communications weren’t tailored to their patient’s particular needs. As a result, the ROI was disastrous, and worst of all, they were spending thousands of dollars every month merely to send such ineffective mass emails.
Dental practitioners who adopted GMass for email marketing campaigns said the following:
- Because GMass works within Gmail, it is easy for them to send emails using the service as they were accustomed to Gmail. Rather than hiring an external service provider, their dental office receptionist can manage and run dental campaigns for them. Before GMass, they had difficulty learning, setting up, and sending email campaigns from the complicated software they were using.
- Dental practitioners with small patient lists and a limited clinical practice schedule were able to convert their small email lists effectively because of advanced GMass personalization and automation capabilities.
- They were also able to use their existing CRMs’ patient data. All they had to do was export the patient data in Google Sheets and connect it with GMass to send emails using Gmail.
- GMass increases deliverability rates by directing emails to the recipient’s inboxes rather than spam or promotion folders. Users notice a significant boost in deliverability since GMass emails are sent straight from Gmail, the most popular email server with the most trusted IPs.
- GMass helped dental practices improve their patient engagement. The software allows them to segment their list easily using Google spreadsheet columns and automate dental newsletters to be relevant to patients’ issues. Dentists can personalize and automate email campaigns based on different patient segments such as previous procedures, interests, location, age, insurance provider, and prior dental visits. This feature allows dental clinics to develop tailored campaigns that increase positive responses and conversions, which ultimately leads to a considerable boost in ROI.
- Built-in GMass email analytics and reply management features allow dental practices to see how effective their campaigns have been. They can track email opens and clicks in real-time, A/B test emails, and do sentiment analysis all in one place. GMass analytics and campaign reports help them optimize their email campaigns better.
Dental Email Marketing: Strategies and Best Practices
Here are some email marketing ideas and best practices that can help you attract new patients as well as keep current ones engaged:
1. Choose Good Email Marketing Software
Good email marketing software can assist you in improving the effectiveness of your dental email campaigns. It would be best to choose an email marketing software that is simple to learn and use so that you or your staff can easily send campaigns.
The most important aspects to consider are:
- Choose software that can keep track of email opens/clicks and how recipients respond to emails.
- Avoid basic newsletter-style email marketing tools. You’ll be interacting with both new and existing patients, so the chosen program should have sophisticated personalization and engagement features to better interact with them.
- Never use email marketing software that operates on shared IPs. A shared IP is used by hundreds of other users and gives your practice a poor reputation. That’s why recipients’ spam filters frequently block emails sent with shared IP addresses, resulting in lower deliverability and open rates, no matter how much effort you put into your email content.
- Avoid dental marketing services that send out bulk emails at once. Such emails are often identified as spam and can harm your dental email campaign.
- Verify that the dental email marketing software you’re considering supports importing data from your current dental patient database or CRM system.
2. Build Clean Email Marketing Lists
- Ask for email addresses when new patients first fill out their paperwork. Please include a short survey about their dental health concerns with the option to receive your newsletter and other helpful information.
- Add current patients to your list when they schedule their next appointment. During their visits, ask if they want you to send helpful email updates.
- GMass has a Build Email List feature that makes list building very simple. When you perform a Gmail search with a specific term (such as “financing,” “braces,” or “root canal”), the program creates a mailing list of everyone who has mentioned that term in their past emails.
- Don’t buy email lists on the internet: Many of the email addresses in purchased lists are typically incorrect, fraudulent, out of date, or spam traps that harm your sender reputation score. Major ISPs use spam traps to identify spammers. These appear to be regular email addresses but are used to detect and blacklist spammers’ emails. If your emails are identified as spam through these traps, promoting your practice by email can become problematic.
3. Segment Your Mailing List Properly
It’s essential that you segment your dental email campaigns to keep in touch with your patients effectively. That way, you can personalize email messages based on your patients’ specific dental care needs. For example, you could separate your dental email list into categories such as dental services they’ve chosen, their next check-up date, where they live, or the purpose of their previous visit.
Here are some ways to segment your subscribers:
- Those who haven’t been in for their next dental check-up yet. You can send automated dental check-up follow-ups and appointment reminders.
- Those who have dental appointments scheduled. You can send automated dental appointment booking emails and reminders.
- The dental treatment they chose or the reason for their prior visit.
- What they do on your website (for example, visiting a page about gum disease).
- Their location (if you have multiple locations)
- Their insurance carrier or employer. For example, if certain insurance providers or companies cover preventive care, you can remind your patients with that coverage to come in for preventive treatment.
4. Personalize Every Email
Advanced email personalization is a great way to increase the interaction rate of your dental email campaigns. Here are some dental email personalization examples:
- Include patients’ names in the email copy. For example, “Hi [Patient Name], it’s time for your dental check-up! Please let us know if you’d like to schedule an appointment with us this month.”
- Include dental treatment they’ve chosen in automated dental appointment reminders. For example, “You have an appointment with us next Monday for a cleaning and dental x-ray.“
- If dental care is relevant to their dental issue, you can include it in your email copy. For example, “Here are some dental tips that will help you prevent cavities.”
- Insert images or videos into specific dental appointment reminders to make dental emails more attractive. For example, you may create videos for dental flossing and dental care kit recommendations.
- You can also use conditional content to personalize your emails. Conditional content dynamically replaces portions of an email template based on the recipient’s data. You may, for example, tailor the message based on the patient’s previous dental treatment history.
You can personalize your Gmail mail merge campaigns sent with GMass in various ways. From simple mail-merge style customization to fallback values, automatic-first-name detection, and even personalized images, links, and attachments, GMass makes it easy to personalize your emails for each of your patients.
5. Ensure Your Emails Are HIPAA Compliant
- Ensure that your dental email campaigns are HIPAA compliant. HIPAA is a federal regulation designed to safeguard patient privacy.
- You should also avoid segmenting your list in ways that expose a patient’s protected health information. The email’s subject line should not include any patient data, such as name or medications.
- It is permissible to utilize a patient’s name in an email under HIPAA. Still, it should not be used as the subject line of emails since anybody may read that data.
- Use double opt-ins so that your patients may consent to receive emails from you. And make it simple for them to unsubscribe from your list, as this is better for your reputation than having them mark your emails as spam.
6. Automate Your Campaigns
- You’ll want to set up an automated email marketing funnel so that you don’t have to handle those campaigns manually. You can automate emails for things like dental appointment reminders, feedback collection, and dental check-up follow-ups.
- You can also automate emails for dental check-up follow-ups and dental appointment reminders based on the next dental appointment scheduled. For example, you can send messages to those with a dental check-up planned in two weeks.
- You can automate newsletter dental marketing campaigns. You can create dental newsletters that are sent out regularly.
- You may automate an email campaign on dental care kit suggestions if you provide dental care products.
Automated email follow-ups with GMass
With GMass, you can automate email follow-ups to improve patient engagement while freeing up more time to focus on other important aspects of your dental practice. In addition, you can customize everything about these emails, including the total number of email follow-ups to send, frequency of following up, and more.
7. Use Dental Marketing as a Tool to Build Your Online Reputation
Patients frequently look up reviews on the internet when deciding where to go for dental treatment. Therefore, you must encourage your patients to submit online reviews of your dental practice to develop trust with potential clients.
You can use dental email marketing to request feedback on your treatments. For example, adding a private feedback collection link in your email helps patients leave feedback about their experiences at your dental office. From this, you may see whether the patients are happy with your service and if they have any concerns so that you can address them.
To boost your ratings, you can ask satisfied patients to write testimonials on review sites like Google My Business and Yelp.
8. Track How Your Emails Are Doing
It’s critical to track how your dental email campaigns perform to see whether they’re working. For example, you can keep track of how many people opened your email, how many clicked on a link, and how many opted out. You may also evaluate the ROI of your email campaign by measuring the revenue generated.
How GMass can help
When you use GMass to send an email campaign, the platform generates a campaign report for you. This document provides information about your dental email campaign’s performance. For example, the report will tell you how many recipients received your emails, how many unique email addresses opened them, and how many links were clicked. It will also tell you how many people replied to your email and unsubscribed from future emails.
This information can help you gauge the effectiveness of your dental email campaigns and make necessary adjustments. With GMass, you can be confident that you’re always getting accurate data on how your patients interact with your emails.
How Easy Is It to Use GMass for Dental Email Marketing?
This video has the answer:
With GMass, you can send out dental email campaigns from a spreadsheet in just a few clicks.
- You may be interested in how GMass handles advanced email personalization, including conditional content.
- Here is how to set up a daily recurring campaign using data in Google Sheets or send patient feedback collection emails, request reviews, and send personalized offer/discount emails.
- Advanced Implementations: Here’s a detailed guide to patient list segmentation using conditions and automating patient reminder emails. For example, you can use Gmail to send automated emails to individuals with an upcoming dental check-up scheduled in two weeks.
To begin using GMass for your dental email campaigns, download the GMass Chrome extension and sign up for free using your Gmail account.