Looking for the best Gmail add ons and extensions?
Gmail extensions and add ons help you instantly enhance Gmail’s functionality. You can easily install them from the Chrome Web Store and the Google Workspace Marketplace to improve your email productivity.
But which Gmail extensions or add ons should you use?
This Article Contains:
(click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- What’s The Difference Between Gmail Extensions, Gmail Add Ons, and Gmail Plugins?
- The 8 Best Gmail Add Ons
- 12 Excellent Gmail Extensions
Let’s jump right in!
What’s The Difference Between Gmail Extensions, Gmail Add Ons, and Gmail Plugins?
While they sound similar, Gmail extensions and add ons aren’t the same thing.
Here’s a breakdown:
- A Gmail extension only works on your desktop’s Chrome browser. You can’t use it in Chrome’s mobile app. These extensions are only available on the Chrome Web Store.
- A Gmail add on works within Gmail’s interface and can also be used on mobile devices through the Gmail app. They are available on Google Workspace Marketplace (formerly known as G Suite Marketplace).
- A Gmail plugin is generally used as a synonym for Google add ons.
Now that we’ve got that cleared up, let’s get into the best third party add ons and extensions for Gmail:
The 8 Best Gmail Add Ons
Here are the top 8 Gmail add ons that help augment your whole Gmail experience:
GMass is a powerful email marketing automation tool used by employees from tech giants like Google and Uber, and social media giants like Twitter and LinkedIn.
It’s also the perfect tool for solopreneurs, startups, churches, and SMBs — pretty much anyone who uses Gmail!
GMass lets you use Gmail for personalizing, sending, and tracking bulk emails and recurring emails with ease. It even saves you from the effort of sending emails to multiple recipients through CC and BCC.
And here’s the best thing:
This way, you can boost your email outreach from both desktop and mobile platforms.
GMass: Mail merge for Gmail Key Features
Here’s a quick look at what makes GMass the best Gmail add on for mail merges:
GMass’ advanced personalization feature automatically tailors your emails for each recipient.
Here’s what GMass can do:
- Automatically identify someone’s first name from their email ID and add it to your email.
- Automatically send emails to personalized CC and BCC addresses in your spreadsheet.
- Add personalized images, links, and attachments for each recipient.
- Automatically customize large blocks of text in any Gmail message based on recipient needs.
- Send a personalized mail merge with Google Sheets.
GMass lets you easily schedule emails from your Gmail account.
Compose the draft, set the desired time, and let GMass take charge.
No matter the country or time zone, your recipients will always receive your emails at the scheduled time.
And in case there’s a change in timing, easily reschedule emails from your Gmail Drafts folder.
With GMass, you don’t have to spend a lot of time manually drafting follow-up emails for each recipient. Instead, just customize and automate all of them in one go.
GMass lets you:
- Personalize the follow-up email content.
- Set the number of follow-up emails for each recipient.
- Create a buffer time between two followup reminders.
- Enable user triggers (opens and clicks) that generate follow-ups.
Your typical email marketer will probably find it hard to run campaigns from their Gmail account.
Gmail has an email sending limit of 500 emails/day (it’s 2000 emails/day for a Workspace account). This is far too low for most marketers and severely limits their reach.
GMass’ advanced email tracking features give you all the insights you need to analyze and improve your campaigns.
Some of the metrics you can track are:
- Click, open, and bounce rates.
- Rejected emails.
- Unsubscribe and block rates, and more.
All GMass reports are auto-generated when you send an email campaign. And unlike other email trackers like Yesware and Gmelius, GMass shows you all the email reports right inside your Gmail inbox.
This way, you can easily access it — without having to open multiple tabs or windows.
User base: 880,000+
2. Chrome Web Store (Chrome extension)
User base: 100,000+
2. Evernote for Gmail
The Evernote Gmail add on helps you keep track of all your important messages and store them safely. It helps you store important content from any new emails in your Evernote account and even lets you categorize it with labels and tags.
Evernote for Gmail Key Features
- Save an entire email or just an email snippet in your cloud storage.
- Create to-do lists in your inbox to never miss out on any actionable task.
- Tag saved emails to identify them easily.
- Access all your saved emails in your Evernote app via desktop or phone.
User base: 790,000+
3. Wrike for Google Workspace
Access the Wrike project management Gmail addon to assign Wrike tasks and manage them from your inbox.
Wrike for Google Workspace Key Features
- Create Wrike tasks and assign to team members within your Gmail inbox.
- You can view task details from your inbox.
- Lets you download task attachments from your inbox easily.
User base: 590,000+
4. Trello for Gmail
Trello is another productivity management software with a Gmail addon.
The Trello for Gmail addon connects your Trello boards to your Gmail inbox, letting you transform any Gmail message into Trello task cards.
Trello for Gmail Key Features
- Directly create tasks on Trello boards from your inbox.
- Can access your tasks in Gmail via both desktop and mobile.
- Subject lines are taken as card titles and email bodies become card descriptions automatically.
User base: 5M+
5. Todoist for Gmail
Todoist’s Gmail add on helps declutter your Gmail inbox, sort important and unimportant emails and complete tasks from within the desktop and Gmail mobile app.
Todoist for Gmail Key Features
- Add due dates and reminders to tasks from Gmail.
- Built-in task management features on the desktop and mobile app.
- Can schedule recurring due dates for repeating tasks.
User base: 270,000+
6. Sortd Gmail Add-on
Want to manage your work from end to end?
Use the Sortd Gmail add on.
Sortd is a CRM and project management tool that helps you organize emails and workflows from your Gmail Google account.
Sortd Gmail Key Features
- Drag and drop email organizer with Kanban boards.
- Flag multiple emails for follow ups and set reminders.
- Handle hiring process management and applicant tracking from your inbox.
- Supports event and registration management from your inbox.
User base: 390,000+
7. Smartsheet for Gmail Add-On
A popular project management and collaboration tool, Smartsheet’s Gmail add on helps you edit rows within a Smartsheet spreadsheet and track emails right from the Gmail interface.
Smartsheet for Gmail Key Features
- Add entire emails as comments to new/existing sheets.
- Add multiple email attachments to sheets directly from Gmail.
- Supports project tracking through Gmail.
User base: 1M+
8. RingCentral G Suite Add-On
The RingCentral Contacts Add On optimizes your business communication via Gmail.
It integrates with your Google account (Gmail and Google Calendar) helping you with scheduling emails, making calls, sending texts, and more.
RingCentral G Suite Key Features
- Helps any Gmail user to make outbound calls from email conversations.
- Send SMS messages directly from Gmail.
- Integrates Google Contacts with the RingCentral Phone desktop app.
User base: 140,000+
How Do You Add Google Workspace Add Ons To Gmail?
Follow these steps to add Gmail add ons from the Google Workspace Marketplace:
- Go to Settings in Gmail and select See all settings.
- Head to the Add-ons tab and click on Manage under Installed add-ons.
- Search the add on you want to add to Gmail.
- Click on the add on and once the add on page opens, click Install.
- Click Continue to grant permission to start installing.
Note: If you don’t have an account with a particular app’s add on, you may have to create an account before installing it.
Once added, your Google Workspace add ons (G Suite add ons) will be visible in the right sidebar of your inbox. If needed, click on the Plus sign in the Gmail sidebar to create inbox shortcuts for installed add ons.
12 Excellent Chrome Extensions For Gmail
Apart from the eight must-have Gmail add ons, you can also use these great Google Chrome extensions:
1. Grammarly for Chrome
This browser extension helps you check the grammar, spelling, and punctuation of outgoing emails and social profile posts on Facebook and Twitter in real-time.
User base: 10M+
2. Dropbox for Gmail
Lets you organize incoming emails, threads, attachments, etc. on desktop as well as on an iOS and Android device. It also seamlessly integrates with Gmail and any other Google App.
User base: 4M+
3. GIPHY for Gmail
The GIPHY Google Chrome extension helps you access thousands of GIFs and stickers in one click within Gmail’s compose window — making email communication more personalized and fun.
User base: 100,000+
4. Checker Plus for Gmail
One of the best Gmail extensions on Chrome, Checker Plus helps you read, delete and even get desktop notifications about Gmail messages without opening your email inbox — saving you a huge amount of time.
User base: 1M+
5. Clearbit Connect – Supercharge Gmail
This Gmail extension helps you find email addresses of prospective leads and other information like their social profiles, and more.
User base: 100,000+
6. Digify for Gmail: Encrypt, track and unsend
The Digify Gmail Chrome extension offers a secure emailing experience. It automatically encrypts emails and attachments and even allows you to revoke and set self-destruct timers for already delivered messages.
User base: 2000+
7. ActiveInbox: Organize Gmail tasks
Best for managers, it helps turn Gmail emails into tasks, and helps you set follow up reminders for easy task management.
User base: 10,000+
8. WiseStamp email signature
Like DocuSign, WiseStamp helps a Gmail user create customized professional signatures with images and social media handles. It also supports all Google Apps and other email accounts like Outlook and Yahoo Mail.
User base: 200,000+
9. Streak CRM for Gmail
Use this to access shared inbox features within the Gmail interface. It also integrates with Google Workspace apps (G Suite apps) like Google Sheet and Google Drive.
User base: 700,000+
10. Right Inbox: Email Reminders, Tracking, Notes
This Chrome extension offers several email templates to help you compose new emails quickly.
User base: 100,000+
This Gmail Chrome extension helps you create Salesforce records, view leads, accounts, contact details, and more within Gmail.
User base: 200,000+
12. FlowCrypt: Encrypt Gmail with PGP
FlowCrypt offers end-to-end encryption for any sensitive emails and attachments with the PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) encryption program. This enables you to send encrypted emails and attachments across Gmail and Google Workspace.
User base: 70K+
How Do You Add Gmail Extensions To Chrome?
Here are the steps to add Gmail extensions to Chrome:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search the Gmail extension you want to add.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Add extension.
The Gmail extension will now be added to Chrome’s toolbar and you can access its settings right there.
Gmail extensions and add ons are an easy way to skyrocket Gmail’s functionality.
From finding and organizing important emails to directly turning them into tasks, you can perform any activity on the Gmail email client via its extensions in a lot less time.
And for email marketing, GMass’ extension and add-on have all that you could ask for!
With a feature-rich free plan, it helps you bypass Gmail’s email sending limits and even auto-personalize email campaigns at scale.
So why not give GMass a try and enhance your Gmail experience today?